Thursday 19 July 2012

Reasons to be Cheerful Part 1

Its been a pretty miserable week in this house. S&H became unwell last Friday night, and after a weekend of vomit, high temperatures and lots of tears (mostly his), LSH and I developed symptoms on Sunday night. By Monday morning, both adults in the house were experiencing full on flu symptoms, with a child only just coming out of the worst.
I hate being sick. REALLY hate it. And I feel incredibly sorry for myself also.

I've been dwelling in a mire of body aches, head aches, temperature and nausea induced self pity for four days now. It reached a peak when I had to drag myself out of bed this afternoon to collect S&H from school. Poor poor me. Watch me suffer, world.

So, I decided to stop thinking about my own terrible misfortunes (yah, seriously) and instead think about all the stuff I should be really greatful for. Like, next week this flu will have gone, right?

Lovely daffodils in the garden, reminding us that winter is only a state of mind...


Grumpy cat, who despite his "Dont give a Feck" exterior, has not left me alone for the last four days (he hates it when any of us is sick or upset)...

Lovely boy and wonderful places; lots to see and do and experience, things to come....

Batman, aka LSH, who even thought he felt as shite as me the last few days, got up to look after S&H so I could stay in bed. Bless.

Henry Rollins. Just because.



2 comments:

  1. hope you are back on board sooner than later. I am not even going to go there with that black rubber mask LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Feel like a bit of a sook, really. And the mask....well, he's Batman ;)

    ReplyDelete